Friday, April 5, 2013

Potatoes

السلام عليكم

I love potato, whether it's baked or fried, the simple boiled potato also tastes delicious. I like eating potato, my mum used to boil and serve it just that way. But there's a question disturbs me, 'does potato make you fat?'. I was 43 kilograms in 2012, and now the weight is gained, 48 kilograms, awesome :/  I don't know how people actually asses the proportionate body, but to be honest, it's alarming. I'm not that tall, only -160 centimeters. Means that if I get fat, I'll look silly. Overmore, overweight is never good for health. 

Potato.. potato.. Does it make you fat? 
According to www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au , that's a myth. They said,"Eating a potato, or any type of carbohydrate rich food, won't automatically make you fatter. However, if you are watching your weight, enjoy potatoes in moderate quantities and be careful of how you eat them (for example, butter and sour cream are high in fats)". Means that baked potato served with butter is not good to consume, especially for those who want to loose weight. The second source shows the nutritional value of potato. For the brief information, 1 large potato (299g) baked, flesh and skin, without salt contains 1% total fat, consists of 1% saturated fat and 0% trans fat. The third source strenghtens the nutrition fact about potato, they say that moderate amounts of potatoes cooked in non-processed vegetable oils are okay to consume. Potatoes contain high iron, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and minerals, it's a healthy alternative as long as you serve it with a healthy way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment